Dr Singh who runs his botox clinic in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, in his latest blog talks about why when you have a botox treatment you have to look at the long term game.
Many patients ask me whether when they have their first botox injections, can they stop at anytime. I say, yes, you are not addicted to it and if you stop, you go back to where you were before. Then, I give them a word of warning and say because the effects of botox are so good, it is unusual that anyone would want to stop having botox treatments over a period of time. It is normally die to the affordability of the botox treatment that may prevent them having the botox as regularly as they wish and not because they are unhappy with the results.
When anyone embarks on a course of botox I will say we are looking at a 6 month treatment time. In this, I mean:
- The first visit will consist of the botox consultation
- They can either have the botox treatment at this first visit or go home and think about it
- We will then have a 2 week botox review to look at the results and administer any botox top ups if required
- We will follow up with a phone call after a month or so, just to check that everything is fine
- We will then follow up again after 3 months and 6 months to see whether they need a top up of botox or not
During this period,, there are a number of things you can do to enhance and prolong the botox effects, these include such things as:
- No exercise within 24 hours of your botox treatment
- Avoid sun beds
- Always wear sun protection
- Either sleep on your back or have ‘softening’ pillows
Botox should never be seen as a standalone treatment for eliminating or softening unwanted lines or wrinkles. Botox is the miracle cure in terms of the results are relatively instant, but its how you look after your skin that will determine the long term benefits.
For more information about botox hertfordshire, please call us on 01438 300111.