Dr Singh who runs his botox clinic from Stevenage in Hertfordshire talks about what to do immediately and for the next few days after your botox procedure.
There are 2 critical things that are essential to follow after the botox. One is to drink plenty of water for the next 24hours after the procedure. Botox can dehydrate your body and you want to replenish this with water. Otherwise you may suffer from headaches. This is why we also say avoid alcohol for 24 hours. In theory you can drink alcohol as it wont effect the mechanics of the botox from working, but as long as you are drinking plenty of water with it, you should be fine.
The second critical piece of advice, is not to exercise for 24 hours after the botox procedure. You don’t want the botox to travel where it is not suppose to. One of the side effects of exercising is that the botox travels downwards and caused the eyes to droop.
- Try to contract the treated muscle areas for up to four hours after treatment, by frowning and lifting eyebrows to allow the toxin to reach all of the treated muscle.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours this is to ensure that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
- No crash helmets or hard hats for 24 hours
- If bruising develops the you can apply Arnica cream
- Paracetamol can be taken for mild pain post procedure
For more information about botox hertfordshire in Stevenage, call us on 01438 300111.